- Chambers & Partners UK Guide ranked department 2023, 2024.
- Chambers & Partners Alternative Dispute Resolution, Spotlight ranked lawyer 2024.
- Firms to Watch in The Legal 500 UK Solicitors 2023 Mediation rankings.
- Legal 500, Family Law Leading Firm 2024.
- Chambers HNW Family and Matrimonial Guide ranked department 2022, 2023.
- Spear's 500 “Recommended” Family Lawyer 2022.
- Board member of the FMA and International lecturer of mediation. Accredited to supervise trainee mediators as a mentor monitoring their progress towards accreditation.
- Accredited to perform direct consultation with children.
- Family Mediation Council Accredited FMCA.
- LL.M Masters of Law.
- Highly trained collaborative lawyer and mediator.
- 40 years of experience in handling high-conflict family issues.
- Expert in the financial aspects of divorce and separation.
- Complex ancillary relief cases involving other countries.
- Worldwide asset recovery.
- High net worth individuals.
- Preparation, and advice on post-nuptial and pre-nuptial agreements.
- Child contact disputes and international abductions.
Just as no two families are the same, William exercises a tailored approach to each and every family matters’ client and their unique situation. William is a Partner in our Family team and leads our Dispute Resolution department.
He brings over 40 years of experience in handling high-conflict family issues, including undertaking child mediation, for which he has specialist accreditation. William is an experienced and highly trained Collaborative lawyer and Mediator and in most of his family cases, William is able to use his mediation skills to negotiate agreements out of court, adopting a sensible and pragmatic approach from the start.
His extensive experience at one of the leading family law firms in the West End has given him an unrivalled reputation in the industry as being one of the ‘go to’ advisors. This includes being a Spear's 500 'Recommended' Family lawyer 2022 and 2023, as well as a department ranking in the Chambers & Partners HNW Guide, Chambers UK Guide and the Legal 500 leading firms including a personal ranking. As a result he is sought out to advise on a vast range of cases, with his clients having total trust in him.
William specialises on advising in the financial aspects of divorce and separation – including complex ancillary relief cases involving other countries, and worldwide asset recovery. He has been involved in a number of very high-profile cases for individuals in the public eye, and is not fazed by the scale or complexity of any case put before him.
His practice also includes advising on preparation, and advice on post-nuptial and pre-nuptial agreements. Matters involving child-related issues are also in his expertise and he has a broad practice in this area from contact disputes to international abductions. He has years of experience advising in financial cases involving complex businesses including dental practices and doctors' surgeries.
Accredited to undertake MIAMs and a member of several industry-governing bodies such as Resolution as well as sitting on the Board of the Family Mediators Association, his breadth of knowledge takes him to lecture domestically and internationally. William has been involved with prestigious committees for alternative dispute resolution throughout his career, including Chairing the Law Net Family Training Group. His extensive experience has led him overseas to train other dispute resolution practitioners and to appear as an expert on Sky television.
The quantity and quality of referrals William receives is reflective of the professional and personal skills he brings to Laurus.
"William Hogg is excellent and cannot do enough for his clients. He would always be on hand evenings, weekends, whenever I needed him. He would give honest and fair feedback and was professional at all times. I have recommended him to anyone I ever speak to that has a requirement for a solicitor or mediation in family matters.
He was intelligent and consistent and was very intuitive. I absolutely trust him to do the right thing and get the best for his clients. He would not give up or every take the easy option. He only cared about justice and the right thing for my daughter and family. He is a saint in a world of law and I am very grateful for everything that he has done."
Festive Arrangements for Separated Parents
Here are some of the ways our Family team recommend approaching child arrangements at Christmas.
Travelling abroad with children after a separation
With half term now upon us, and many of us making holiday plans for the winter break, our Family team sets out best practice for taking your child abroad when you’re separated.